Sunday, November 9, 2008

Veez Grill and Tap











Yesterday was my graduation from college so I decided to go out and celebrate with my family and friends at Veez Grill and Tap in Malden, MA. I was going for the neighborhood solid pub food type of place. They had decent food for what it was worth. Not sure I would go back there though because I have had much better food at other places within a similar price range.

My nephew who is a super foodie even at the ripe old age of 10 ordered a steak and cheese calzone with onions rings. He said the onion rings were too salty and the calzone had a bit too much cheese. He also said the steak was chewy.

My mother who is definitely not an adventurous eater by any means ordered a basic cheeseburger with fries. She said the fries were good but she was full from the apps so she never touched the burger.

My sister ordered the shrimp scampi. She said it was fine but a bit bland.

My other DC ordered chicken, broccoli, and ziti, which she said was delicious. I tried it and I have to agree. It was great.

I ordered country fried chicken with mashed potatoes and the veggie of the day(which that day was mixed veggies). The chicken, mashed, and gravy was good but the veggies were waterlogged and just should have been never served.

Overall the food was just okay. Total for 5 entrees, 2 apps, 5 soft drinks, and a tip was $90.

I would have to give this meal a big fat:

C+

No comments: