Saturday, November 22, 2008

El Pollo Loco




I have been to this place twice. It is across the plaza from the Sav A Lot I shop at in Chelsea. I have promised myself I will eat here before every trip to Sav A Lot...lol. I figure if I wanna shop on a full stomach so I can buy less it may as well be here. This is like a mexican version of Boston Market. They have some wonderfully flavored roasted chicken and mexican favorites like tacos and quesadillas. Everything here is made with chicken though. I had a two piece chicken dinner with mac and cheese and coleslaw. I also had a hard taco. What can I say I was hungry...lol. The chicken dinner came with two warm tortillas. The chicken was delicious. The mac was soupy and flavorless. The coleslaw was missing the sweetness you find in lots of coleslaw and for me that is a good thing. The taco was okay but it was very greasy. They have a salsa bar with four kinds of salsa, fresh jalapenos, cilantro, lemons, and onions. I love the avocado salsa and the pico de gallo. The other two are for consumption...just not by me...lol. Besides they have strawberry soda in the fountain...ummmm.
I give this place a big fat:

B-

No comments: