Saturday, November 22, 2008

Fuloon






I live in Malden so I do not have to go far to get great Chinese food. I just hop on one bus and I am at Fuloon in 15 minutes flat. I like Fuloon mostly. Yeah a couple of their menu items are just not very well executed, and their buffet is always cold as hell no matter when you get there, but Fuloon is like your grandmother. You really really do love her but you would rather have a bit of time between visits. I went for the buffet last week. My first plate was okay. Mostly fried, cold food but not horrible or anything. My second plate was a little better. I tried 3 soups when I was there and each one tasted a little worse than the last. The egg drop soup tasted like a liquified boiled egg. I am used to a chickeny broth with egg. The hot and sour had an aftertaste that made me question whether or not I just smoked a Winston or something. Lastly, the pork and pickled cabbage soup was just comical. It tasted like absolutely nothing. The pork and cabbage were very bland and the broth was just hot water in a bowl...well actually lukewarm water. Overall the meal was just okay. Not the best I have ever had there but I will be back.

I give this meal a big fat:
C

No comments: